A unique and authentic food and drink cultural experience can play a significant role in attracting visitors and making their stay all the more memorable. In 2021, the food & drink sector accounted for 37% of all expenditure (+2%) and 29% of all employment, making a reputation for fantastic local produce a vital tool for increasing visitor spend.
Produced in Northumberland is a verification scheme and brand that highlights those businesses producing, using and selling our local food & drink. There are currently over 100 local business members.
The Produced in Northumberland verification scheme is unique, allowing producers, retailers, hospitality businesses and serviced accommodation providers the opportunity to promote themselves as a local food advocate. The strong branding differentiates Northumberland produce on shelves and menus across Northumberland and beyond.
Benefits of joining the Produced in Northumberland scheme include:
- Certificate to display on-site
- Exclusive use of the Produced in Northumberland logo and branding
- Searchable website listing on the Produced in Northumberland website
For those with a business listing on visitnorthumberland.com, an award on their listing and feature on the Produced in Northumberland web page on the website.
- Differentiation from your competition
- Fantastic PR opportunity
- Opportunity to increase revenue due to added value - 58% of visitors say they would spend more on food & drink if it is local.
- Social media promotion through @ProducedinNland on facebook & twitter and Northumberlandfoodanddrink on Instagram
For more information contact Dawn Goodwill-Evans